Crossroads of European Civilisations - 6 Days / 5 Nights
This short tour is ideal for anyone already in France, South-Western Germany or Switzerland maybe on a study or work placement. It could also be undertaken as part of a pre or post-trip tour on an existing booking with Global Dream Travel. This tour begins in Strasbourg before across the Swiss border into Basel via Freiburg. It includes 4 different countries and includes stunning scenery and architecture.
Itinerary and Specifics
- Witness stunning scenery and architecture in the heart of the Black Forest
- Meander along the Rhine to experience historic culture and tradition
- Cover 4 different countries in the space of 6 days
- Fully unwind on the Spa day in Baden-Baden
- Spend the day in the charming 3rd city of Lyon
- Leave refreshed, educated, informed and seeking to come back for more.
- 4 Star Deluxe Acccomodations on a Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Meet and Greet at designated point
- Expert driver/guide with total fluency of English and a lot of experience to accommodate your needs.
- Comfortable touring vehicle
- Local knowledge, recommendations and help with any bookings you want to make
- Porterage - 1 piece per person in and out of hotels
- Flights - purchase your own flights in and out of destination
- Gratuities minimum recommended $10 per person per day
- Lunches and Dinners - we like our guests to be able to choose their own dining options. We'll recommened the best places for your requirements.
- Any entrances to musuems, attractions and concerts
Meet for Breakfast before heading to Basel via the delights of Freiburg. Bask in Basel's finest chocolate and enjoy nice walks in the old town and along the Rhine.
Visit Heidelberg in the morning - a famous university town and UNESCO world city on the banks of the Neckar. Visit the Schloss before heading to Stuttgart to visit Mercedez-Benz.
This day is dedicated to full time-out for you. Enjoy a spa day in the tranquil town of Baden-Baden, to refresh and revitalise you in the middle of this tour.
Today we visit Trier, the old town with city walls. Enjoy the wealthy splendour of Luxembourg, sandwiched between Germany, France and Belgium.
Head to the festive and most liberal city in West Germany - today we visit Cologne! Enjoy fantastic food and music before we board the boat for Dusseldorf.
Explore the mining history and engineering powerhouse that is the Ruhrgebiet before returning to Dusseldorf to enjoy the culinary delights. Enjoy a schnitzel and tasteful craft beer before we head back to Strasbourg.