German Heritage Tour - 6 Days / 5 Nights
This short tour is ideal for anyone already in Berlin, Potsdam or Leipzig on a study or work placement, but can also be enjoyed as a pre/post trip option with another Global Dream Travel Tour. We begin with a comprehensive exploration of Berlin including walking tours and shopping before heading to Potsdam. The trip also includes visits to Hamburg, Lubeck and Hannover.
Itinerary and Specifics
- Cover all the main sites of Berlin
- Experience the beauty and history of Potsdam
- Experience nature and wellness in the Naturpark Sudheide Hotel
- Enjoy a mixture of culture and activity on Germany's riviera
- Explore Hamburg via a panoramic tour in a luxury vehicle
- Leave refreshed, educated, informed and seeking to come back for more.
- 4 Star Deluxe Acccomodations on a Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Meet and Greet at designated point
- Expert driver/guide with total fluency of English and a lot of experience to accommodate your needs.
- Comfortable touring vehicle
- Local knowledge, recommendations and help with any bookings you want to make
- Porterage - 1 piece per person in and out of hotels
- Flights - purchase your own flights in and out of destination
- Gratuities minimum recommended $10 per person per day
- Lunches and Dinners - we like our guests to be able to choose their own dining options. We'll recommened the best places for your requirements.
- Any entrances to musuems, attractions and concerts
Discover all the highlights if Berlin by taking part in a walking tour, which will include the Topographie des Terrors, the Brandenburg Gate, Museum Insel, Berliner Dom, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie and other historical landmarks. Finish the day with an evening at the Opera.
Take a shopping trip to the KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens) before moving on to the remaining delights of the western half of Berlin, including the world famous Zoologischer Garten, Tiergarten and Olympische Stadion. Don't forget to sample the notorious Berliner Currywurst and other local culinary delights!
Today we head to Potsdam in the morning for a walking tour which includes the stunning Sans Souci palace. Once completed we head north to the city of Hamburg to enjoy the hustle and bustle of St Pauli.
Today is fully dedicated to Hamburg, with the morning at leisure to explore museums before taking a panoramic tour of the city in a luxury vehicle. The evening is spent in the harbour with a range of sumptuous cuisines available.
Today we head to Germany's riviera to enjoy the town of Luebeck, the home of former Chancellor Willi Brandt. With the option of Kayaking available, you will also get the chance to experience the town's world famous Marzepan!
We finish the tour by heading to Hannover, the origin of the British Monarchy. Enjoy the Naturpark Sudheide and its spectcular wellness hotel for those wishing to wind down at the end of an action packed tour. From here on in you can link up with our other German tours on Global Dream Travel or head back to Berlin.