Viennese Waltz to Opatija Pearl of the Adriatic - 6 Days
This short tour is ideal for anyone already in Europe on a study or work placement and can also be enjoyed as a pre/post trip option with another Global Dream Travel Experience. We begin with a comprehensive exploration of Austrian cultural and de facto capital Vienna, Slovak capital Bratislava and then we pass into Hungarian romance with Budapest on the Danube. From Budapest we journey to Croatia, finally resting our feet in the warm waters of the Adriatic at luxury capital of the country, Opatika, also known as the Pearl of the Adriatic. This trip stimulates all your senses and leaves you wanting to come back for more of the region's history, cuisine and sights! See it with us, we love sharing our knowledge and care for you.
Itinerary and Specifics
- See all the splendours of 3 European Capitals - Vienna, Bratislava and Zagreb
- Compare and contrast whether you prefer Austro-Hungarian culture, that of Croatia or just plain old seaside indulgence amongst the joys of luxurious Opatija
- Sip coffee where Einstein and Freud sat
- Delight in the culture of urban and rural Croatia
- Understand the Northern Balkans - learn about wars, religions, rivalries and intriguing empires
- Sail amongst the tranquil waters of the Northern Adriatic
- Enjoy some of the finest foods and delicacies of the seas whilst in Croatia.
- 4 Star Deluxe Accommodations on a Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Meet and Greet at designated point
- Expert driver/guide with total fluency of English and a lot of experience to accommodate your needs.
- Comfortable touring vehicle
- Local knowledge, recommendations and help with any bookings you want to make
- Porterage - 1 piece per person in and out of hotels
- Flights - purchase your own flights in and out of destination
- Gratuities minimum recommended $10 per person per day
- Lunches and Dinners - we like our guests to be able to choose their own dining options. We'll recommened the best places for your requirements.
- Any entrances to museums, attractions and concerts
Explore Vienna with the guidance of our excellent walking and panoramic guide. Your only conundrum is the wealth of sightseeing, galleries and museum options to choose from.
We cross to Bratislava, the closest European capitals. Discover the history of the castle, Danube and the country.
Depart post-breakfast for Hungarian cultural and architectural spectacle Budapest. Overnight in splendour on the Banks of Johann Strauss' beautiful Blue Danube.
Half a day is spent on Lake Balaton and its shores before we see Croatian capital Zagreb.
We spend the day enjoying Zagreb with local guide. Cross the Karst region to Opatija.
Take a smooth boat ride with local captain shoreshide, walk the famous romantic boardwalk and enjoy all the splendours of the Hapsburg mansions, museums and galleries. This is our favourite small city in Europe, it was linked to Vienna by rail in the 19th centuries when the wealthy Austrians wanted some spa treatment and seaside indulgence. Nothing has changed, it's still the best place to enjoy nature, the sea, the great dining and history all in one.
Join us, you will not be disappointed.