Cornwall and Enchanting Southern England 14 Days
Starting in London this trip is for people who are interested in getting to know a part of England truly appreciated by the locals.
Cornwall, Devon and Dorset are amongst the sunniest parts of England and benefitting from fantastic beaches, warm ocean currents from Gulf of Mexico, some of the plants such as palm trees and exotic flowers you wouldn't expect to find here. Cornwall has many fishing villages and was famous for copper and tin mining for centuries. Indeed, one of the reasons the Romans invaded Great Britain was for Cornish tin, so important a resourse was it 2,000 years ago.
In recent times the BBC Period drama Poldark has drawn much attention to the beautiful beaches, gorgeous coastline, lighthouses and social history of the reason, including pirating and smuggling. We'll leave London and head south west to visit this oasis of natural beauty visiting many attractions such as famous botanical gardens, aristocratic estates, cider farms, beautiful fishing villages, ports, headlands and peninsulae. The built heritage and social history of the region are equally as impressive as the spectacular landscape.
Itinerary and Specifics
- See the most beautiful coastline in Britain
- Vist the Eden Project Ecosphere - a fascinating attraction focusing on Biodiversity and research on plant life in a changing global climate
- Understand the history of the South West of England - Celtic and Cornish links, tin and copper mining, Roman invasion, language and customs.
- See the most southerly point in the United Kingdom and enjoy the many lighthouses, relics of the mining industry, country mansions and much more
- Visit Poldark locations - see why the BBC Period Drama was such a success once you explore these stunning locations
- Enjoy cream tea as the British do and enjoy some of the best seafood in Europe.
- Discover Coastal Gems such as a St. Ives, home to painters, writers and romantics at heart.
- 4 Star Acccomodation on a Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Meet and Greet at Airport
- Transfers to and from hotel
- Expert driver/guide
- Comfortable touring vehicle
- Local knowledge, recommendations and help with any bookings you want to make
- Porterage - 1 piece per person in and out of hotels
- Flights - purchase your own flights in and out of destination
- Gratuities minimum recommeneded $10 per person per day
- Lunches and Dinners -