South West England - 6 Days / 5 Nights
This short tour is ideal for anyone already in Britain maybe on a study or work placement or looking to visit for just under a week. It could also be undertaken as part of a pre or post-trip tour on an existing booking with Global Dream Travel. This tour begins in Bath before heading further west into Devon and Cornwall to uncover the delights of the West Country.
From stunning walks on the coastline, to local delicacies such as cream teas and cider, via historical discovery back to the Roman era, this trip covers a huge amount in such a short space of time.
Itinerary and Specifics
- See the most beautiful coastline in Britain
- Discover the Roman City of Bath
- Understand the history of the South West of England - Celtic and Cornish links, tin and copper mining, Roman invasion, language and customs.
- See the most southerly point in the United Kingdom and enjoy the many lighthouses, relics of the mining industry, country mansions and much more
- Visit Poldark locations - see why the BBC Period Drama was such a success once you explore these stunning locations
- Enjoy cream tea as the British do and enjoy some of the best seafood in Europe.
- Discover Coastal Gems such as a St. Ives, home to painters, writers and romantics at heart.
- 4 Star Deluxe Acccomodations on a Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Meet and Greet at designated point
- Expert driver/guide with total fluency of English and a lot of experience to accommodate your needs.
- Comfortable touring vehicle
- Local knowledge, recommendations and help with any bookings you want to make
- Porterage - 1 piece per person in and out of hotels
- Flights - purchase your own flights in and out of destination
- Gratuities minimum recommended $10 per person per day
- Lunches and Dinners - we like our guests to be able to choose their own dining options. We'll recommened the best places for your requirements.
- Any entrances to musuems, attractions and concerts
Arrive at either Heathrow or Gatwick and enjoy our meet and greet service. Luxury and sustainable transfer to Bath where we enjoy the first night at our hotel.
Today is about enjoying the Roman city of Bath in full. Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Rooms for that extra special treatment, before enjoying the numerous shops and tea rooms this historical city has to offer. Take a walking tour of the city before having the evening to choose from a range of top quality restaurants and enjoyable bars or pubs.
Today we explore the surrounding area of Somerset, uncovering the charm and traditional towns of Shepton Mallet, Glastonbury, as well as Cheddar. Although the town is most commonly known for its cheese, it also has a deep limestone ravine with hiking trails, viewpoints and underground caves! We then head to Devon to spend the night in Torquay, on the coast.
On day 4 of this trip we get to hike and discover more of Briatin's coastline, as well as the moors. This also includes Bodmin Moor, which is home to the legendary beast that has been spotted in the past, so keep your eyes peeled! We also pay a visit to Greenway House, the former home of famour author Agatha Christie.
Our final day sees us explore Cornwall, right the way to the very end of the country - Land's End, where you can enjoy the scenic views as the English Channel and Atlantic Ocean meet. We will also stop by the Eden Project, a fascinating exhibition of nature and botanics as well as the stunning town of St. Ives. We then head back to Bath for the final night of the tour.
Breakfast in the hotel before either transferring to the airport for your return flight, or connecting to another tour operated by Global Dream Travel depending on your preference.